Please keep Antonio Smeriglio in your prayers. Standby for more information.
9/11 events in Stamford
- Post picnic reschedule now 12 September 12 pm
- Post regular meeting 15 September at the Belltown Fire house
- There will be a Remembrance Ceremony commemorating the 20th anniversary of 9/11 at 8:46 a.m. outside the Stamford Police headquarters beneath the American flag. The ceremony will begin with a moment of silence at 8:46 a.m., the exact time the first plane struck the first tower of the World Trade Center.
- The Stamford Professional Firefighters Association will also hold a ceremony in observance of 9/11 at 7 p.m. at the Woodside Fire Station, 1620 Washington Boulevard.
- The Glenbrook Neighborhood Association will host a ceremony from 11:10 a.m. to 11:40 a.m. at the Liberty Garden, located at the Glenbrook Train Station, in remembrance of Sean Rooney, a Glenbrook resident, and other Stamford residents who lost their lives that day.
- Share your story through the Stamford Veterans Park Partnership Veteran & Military History Program
- COVID-19 Resource Page
- CT Department Newsletter
- Veterans Memorial Park
- Honor Flight CT
- VFW Fact Sheet
- VFW Action Corps Weekly
- Connecticut State Department of Veterans Affairs
- Military Order of the Purple Heart - Purple Heart Trail
Our programs support our service members while they are on the front line, as they are being discharged and long after they return. Your tax-deductible donation will be immediately directed to the VFW programs where your support is most urgently needed.
...we want to welcome today's military service members into our ranks to become part of our elite group.
WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Persian Gulf War, Kosovo, War in Afghanistan, War in Iraq, War on Global Terror and other Peace-Keeping Expeditionary Campaigns throughout the globe.