We will meet in-person on Wednesday, 19 May at 19:30 hours at the Belltown Fire House, 8 Dorlan Rd, Stamford.
Our agenda will include:
- Installation of Officers
- Memorial Day Events (Ceremony, Parade, Grand Marshal)
- Memorial Day Mass - Options for 2 Sundays.
- Cemetery Flag Planting (recap)
- Veterans Park/Future 5 Project: Saturday, May 22, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm -- meeting in Veterans Memorial Park to work with Future5 to plant 55 hanging baskets with flowers. This is light work with no heavy lifting. Old clothes and gardening gloves are recommended.
- Poppy sales
- VFW Annual Picnic (proposed Sunday 22 August, Darien VFW)
- 100th Annual State Convention, June 12-13.
- Veterans Memorial Park update
- Road to making Stamford a Purple Heart City
- Share your story
- Vaccination Updates
- Sea Cadet Graduation Monday 7 June at 7:00 pm Stamford Yacht Club
- State Convention
- Other business
Review of past motions.
- Motion to accept the slate nominated officers and delegates and for a member to cast one vote to elect the nominees on the slate or as modified via discussion.
- Motion to donate $100 to cover VOD, PP, TOY and BSA programs as we did not have any participants.
- Motion to hold a picnic in August in lieu of our regularly scheduled meeting.
- Motion to contribute $200.00 to a Gold Star Family breakfast prior to Memorial Day ceremony.
- Motion to cover cost of 100th Annual Convention Booster for participating members.
Current Useful links
Please check the other sections of our website for useful information