Please check back often for updates as this page will change as more details emerge.
This year's grand marshals will be Stamford WWII Veterans.
If you know of any WWII Veterans who should be recognized please fill out this form:
Live Stream for Veterans Day Ceremony, Sunday 6 November
Stamford Veterans Day Events in Chronological Order (see details below)
The following events are in chronological order.
| Saint Mary Mass and Dinner
|| Saturday, 5 November at 5:30 pm for mass, dinner to follow
| Veterans Day Parade (see details below)
|| Sunday, 6 November at 12:00 pm. Line up no later than 11:30. Trolley for rides from park
| Veterans Day Ceremony at Veterans Memorial Park
|| Sunday, 6 November at 1:00 pm following Parade
| Westhill High School
|| Wednesday, 9 November at 9:30 am
| St. Cecelia Veterans Day Service
|| Wednesday, 9 November at 8:30 am
| Stamford High School
|| Thursday, 10 November at 9:00 am
|11th Hour Ceremony at St. John’s Park
|| Friday, 11 November at 11:00 am
| Residence on Summer Street Veterans lunch and ceremony
|| Friday, 11 November at 12:30 pm for lunch then ceremony at 2:00 pm
Saint Mary Parish Veterans Mass - Saturday, November 5, 2022
at Saint Mary of Stamford Parish located at 566 Elm St, Stamford, CT 06902 at 5:30 pm. Please wear your Class A uniform with white gloves. There will be a dinner
that follows this year at 6:30 in the basement as usual. Reservations are mandatory through your Post. Price is $30.00 per guest. Click here
for the menu.
Veterans Day Parade - Sunday, November 6, 2022. (Rain date: Nov. 13)
- Please assemble no later than 11:30 am at the parade start. Please wear your Class A uniform, military uniform and at a minimum clothing that identifies you as a veteran. Starting point for the parade is North and Bedford St.
- The VFW trailer will be parked on Bedford St near the new police station and available to all veterans who need a ride. Reference the line up and parade route diagrams. A port-a-john will be available at the parade start
- A trolly will be available to pick up veterans from the Veterans Memorial Park to the start of the parade. Event parking is in the Stamford Town Center on Level 3 (see diagram). You can then walk through the passageway to the park where the trolly will be parked on Atlantic St. This will limit the amount of walking by limited mobility veterans. The mall Level 3 entrance is off of Greyrock place at the intersection of E Main St. Drive straight ahead and park near the mall exit to the park. The trolley leaves promptly at 11:00 am.Trolley Pick Up
- We will honor WWII Veterans as a group and will be Grand Marshals. Please share any information you have on WWII Veterans so they may be contacted by filling out a form here.
- We will also add a name to the monolith of veterans lost in combat or line of duty. Michael DeBartolomeo, a Naval Aviator, who died in an aircraft mishap while operating in a combat zone in GONZO Station.
- The weather on Sunday is forecast to by cloudy skies and 64° at the start of the parade.
Veterans Day Ceremony - Sunday, November 6, 2022
at Veterans Memorial park following the parade. Actual start time will be contingent on the ending of the Parade. If you are going just to the ceremony, plan accordingly. Folding chairs will be available to veterans who do not wish to sit on the built in park seating. A port-a-john will be available at the park. Check the Stamford Advocate for event advertising and articles in the next few days. The city has a webpage
dedicated to the parade and a live stream can be viewed here
. Check back often as things may change.
St. Cecilia Church Veterans Day Service - Thursday, November 10th, at 8:30am (muster 8:15am). An invention to any Veteran who would like to be a part of our upcoming Veterans Day Service. Our Veterans Day Service will take place on Thursday, November 10th, at 8:30am (muster 8:15am). It will take place at St. Cecilia Church, 1184 Newfield Av, Stamford CT 06905 . It will begin with a mass and conclude with a flag raising (and blessing).
11th Hour Ceremony - Friday, November 11, 2022
, 11:00 am at St. John’s Park at the corner of Main St and Tresser Blvd. Please wear your VFW cap at a minimum. Parking may be available at the Eagles Club.
The Residence at Summer Street - Friday, November 11, 2022, 12:30 pm. Veterans Day recognition at The Residence at Summer Street, 14 Second St, Stamford CT 06905. VFW Post participants are invited to a free lunch at 12:30 with a program to follow at 2:00 PM.